**I watched him playing on tv @ various places, roadsiode tv shops, barber shop, heard radio commentaries, waited for score updates on FMs, called friends or home for status updates, used cricinfo on desktop, on his sunset day was on train frm Delhi to Hyd kept.finger on refresh button..
** Transcript of the speech - "Friends please settle down, I'll get more emotional! It's hard to believe my wonderful journey is coming to an end. I've a list of names to thank. The first is my father, who passed away in 1999. Without his guidance I wouldn't be standing in front of you. he said 'chase your dreams, don't give up, the path will be difficult.' I miss him today. My mom, I don't know how she managed a naughty child like me. She just prayed and prayed from the day I started playing the game. For four years I stayed with my uncle and aunt when in school, they treated me like their own son. My eldest brother Nitin doesn't like to talk ,much but he said, whatever you do, I know you will give 100%. My first cricket bat was presented to me by my sister Savita. She still continues to fast while I bat. Ajit my brother - We have lived this dream together, he sacrificed his career for me, he took me to Achrekar sir first. Even last night he called me to discuss my dismissal. Even when I'm not playing we will still be discussing technique. If that hadn't happened, I would have been a lesser cricketer. "The most beautiful thing happened to me when I met Anjali in 1990. I know that being a doctor there was a big career in front of her. But she decided that I should continue playing and she took care of the children. Thanks for bearing with me for all the nonsense I've said (Anjali wipes tears). Then the two precious diamonds of my life Sara and Arjun. I've missed out on several birthdays, holidays. I know for 14-16 years I've not spent enough time with you. But I promise you I will spend the next 16. "My inlaws - I've discussed several things with them. The most important thing they did was allow me to marry Anjali. In the last 24 years my friends have made terrific contributions. They have been with me while I was stressed. They have been with me even at 3am when I was injured. Thanks for being there for me. "My career started when I was 11. I was extremely delighted to see Achrekar sir in the stands. I used to ride on his scooter and play two matches a day. Sir took me along to make sure I played. On a lighter note, Sir never said 'well played' because he didn't want me to be complacent. You can push your luck now, Sir, since I'm not playing cricket anymore. "I started my career here in Mumbai. I remember landing from NZ at 4am and playing a Ranji game the next day. The BCCI was fantastic from my debut. Thanks to the selectors. You were right with me making sure I was well taken care of. "Thanks to all the senior cricketers who have played with me. We see on the screen Rahul, VVS, Sourav, Anil who is not here. All the coaches. I know when MS presented the 200th Test cap, I had a message to the team - I said we are all so proud to be representing the nation. I hope to continue to serve the nation with dignity. I have full faith that you will serve the country in the right spirit. I will be failing in my duty if I didn't thank the doctors who have kept me fit. Given the injuries I have suffered. They have treated me in odd hours. My dear friend the late Mark Mascarenhas. I miss him. My current management team WSG, for continuing what Mark has done. Someone who has worked closely with me for 14 years is my friend Vinod Nayudu. "The media has backed me a lot, since my school days. Even today. Thank you. Thanks to the photographers for capturing those moments. "I know my speech has become long. I want to thank people who have flown in from different parts of the world. I want to thank my fans from the bottom of my heart. "Sachin, Sachin" will reverberate in my ears till I stop breathing."
** Sachin used to keep the fans at the edge of the seats when he played. We would waiting to see the first four that comes from his bat of the bowling of Akram, Waqar Younis, Ambrose, McGrath, Brett Lee, Chris Lewis, Shane Warne, Donald, De Villiers, Symcox, Danny Morrisson, Dion Nash, Merve Hughes...He has produced some thrilling moments in Cricket and especially when he plays in India, Sharjah, Australia and England.. We will miss his presence in the field, his crafty bowling and sharp fielding.. May he decide to be with World Cricket as a commentator or in any capacity to make us hear his views and thoughts!!. Sachin..... Sachin..
**If sachin has a million fans, then I am one of them.. !! If sachin has just one fan, then I am that one... !! If sachin has no fans, that means I am dead...! ! Win Or Lose ... ! Duck Or Century ... ! Good Form Or Bad Form...! I will always support you...! ! Even if the whole world stands against you, I will fight for you...!! Anyone can play one Red Hot Agressive knock in debut but u cant continue to do tat in your entire career Unless ur name is Sachin Tendulkar
**Salute to the God of Cricket. With lots of love and respect from People of Bangladesh...You will be missed terribly ...Without you cricket will be meaningless...Goodbye
**I am very thankful to God as I was born in the generation of Sachin and watched his cricket. He deserves to be awarded, if there would be any award more than Bharat Ratna.
**sachin...'s speech really makes us all to cry... its really watering my eyes..whatever the words coming from him touches ur heart...bcoz its a truth...being a middle class family achieving ur dream is really tough.. each and every word of him makes u cry...its a glorious moment of my life seeing sachin's speech.. makes u learn a thing BE DOWN TO EARTH, since being a god.. salute to u sir...
**Sachin's farewell speach is surely,the best ever thanksgiving speach anyone belonging to the generations living today would have heard. Only he can say such a speach without missing any name that required to me mentioned. I appeal to the present younger generation to save his full speach and go through it again and again which will remind you about the need for upholding the values of life.
** Sir Sachin, i will miss u forever. Your thought, personality, sports, dedication really inspired me and to my India..I am very grateful to see like such a great player in my life and listen his tearful inspired speech from my button of my heart..I am really salute to you and your mother, who is giving such a person to My INDIA.......
**Yes, very much proud of 1210 million people of India that Sachin named Bharat Ratna. Now Sachin is the asset of whole India not for a particular political party. My opinion Sachin has to quit his Rajya Sabha M.P.position. To serve the Nation not need any particular political party's support. I hope Sachin has many more things to do for his Nation.
** SACHIN, A name that connotes greatness. Though I wasn't a fan of Indian cricket team, but my admiration and respect to SACHIN is never limited. SACHIN is a name that reminds me of a genius, a smart and complete man, a very rare one, whose place can't be ever filled up by anyone. My heartiest respect and salute to SACHIN the LEGEND.
**I don't know why tears come out of my eyes every time I see this video. Sachin is gr8. He is one of the best sportsperson of the World.
**India is lucky Sachin born here. All Indians will miss you Sachin. You are not only a best cricketer but you are a wonderful man also. No words can express your greatness . Sairam Sachin GOD BLESS YOU
**Sachin Tendulkar the greatest sportsman this world has seen.Feels like crying even though I haven't watch much of cricket in the last 13 years. You were the reason I watched cricket. Hearing your these words, I am wordless. Thanks to God for Sachin... ala re ala Sachin aala
**Unforgettable Sachin Tendulkar. He gave us unforgettable moments of cricket. The victories he brought for India in 2011and in 2003 world cups. In desert storms, his centuries against mcgrath & co., We will see it again and again to remind us this great son of India made India proud. His humility in retirement speech brought tears in our humble eyes. There will be no other person who will be next to sachin tendulkar. WE WILL ONLY PRAY ABOVE ALMIGHTY THIS BHARAT RATHNA YOU GAVE INDIA LIVE FOR 101 YEARS PLUS.
**Rajeev Sachin You always has been a wonderful cricketer, gentlemen and true sportsman of the world. i had listened Read So many inspiring speeches in films which were scripted by well known Europeans and speeches from great personalities from our father of nation, former president Mr Abdul kalam Azad , former american president Mr Nixon etc etc , but today we Indians feel greatly proud to listen and memorize your last speech which was spoke from your heart and i am immensely proud to say that this speech will be in the hearts not only of all Indians be it be for a child of 3-4 years old, to mothers, grand parents ,but to the whole world. . the speech was truly inspiring and we Indian are all proud that there are persons in India who can deliver such inspiring speeches. may this be the beginning for all new things to happen in Indian sports and a lesson to all our shameless politicians who cannot even deliver such words even if it is written and explained to them . HATS OFF TO YOU MY DEAR SAACHIIN,SACHIIN, i am sure that no hearts who have listened to your speech will go home poignant, but at the same time feel proud to be a part of his generation andto listen to this wonderful talk spoken from the heart. Thank you for uploading the video because i am one among the millions of people who was unfortunate to listen this speech live on TV. and mostly only a part of his speech is telecasted in news.kindly telecast thsi speech once again unedited on all channels. thank you sachin
**The way he served his country for past 25 years is just remarkable , he united the country with his cricket any city or state or club he played he still received same support even being a opponent. Sachin we love you , you left us all in tears. When ever Indian cricket takes new leap or dip you will remembered then and your memories will cherish among all of us. We miss you Sachin your philanthropy for the poor and Importance of Education campaign must continue.
**Heart touching, we will miss forever, when I think sachin only one word comes to my mind passion, he is so mu,h passionate about cricket...
**I watched this video so many times today. After watching once, i thought i am not going to watch this speech again but again come back to watch. To be honest although i am bangladeshi, Sachin mean a lot to me. I love him so much, i guess millions times more than any of my country cricketer, Whenever Sachin bated last over two decades i did watch his batting such a great passion and emotion that i didn't watch my country game with that kind of emotion. I love him so much. In fact my emotion to sachin is countless. I will miss him from bottom of my heart.
**Dear Sachin: You have grown taller in my eyes, not only has great cricketing legend of the world, but most importantly as a wonderful human being. You have manifested a great, noble and full human being - what a wonderful and exemplary human you are. I always tell my friends and family that you are a great human, despite all your accomplishments you had shown no vanity. I wonder, if I were you, would I be able to lead such a non-controversial, simple and idealistic life. You truly deserve every praise and fame that you are today. I wish you a fantastic retired life, and I hope you'll continue to be a humble human who will be inspire millions of Indians in the years to come. You have been accompanied by other equals, such as Mr Rahul Dravin and V V S Laxman in your cricketing career who also deserve a pat on their back. May GOD Bless all of US!
**I knew one day this will come but never thought it will be that hard for me to listen the big LITTLE MASTER saying good by to cricket.what a human being after achived so much he is still very humble and down on earth person.the only thing i like to address to all former indian captains to played their part on his great carrier specially VENG SARKER\RAVI SHASTRI\AZHER UDDIN and of courseGANGULY and DRAVID THANK YOU for let him been SACHIN.
**He is great , thanks for his greatness being a nice human being and goodness He is the legend !!! God bless him !!!
**I simply don't know what to say....only that we have been blessed to have this great man amongst us. One of the most emotional and genuine speeches we ll ever hear. Also, the final gesture where he touched the wankhede pitch one last time in reverence, was a true display of the man's greatness. I be watched this speech all day on tv today and still can't get enough of it. Thank You Sir. Thank You Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar....
**yar iskey bina ab maja nahi ayega, bhot time lagega ab to digest dis.. he will not be part of team, but now we all gonna smile again wen he ll become the coach of indian cricket team.. you ll stay in our heart forever.. we all love you and more dan dat we respect you alot.. no 1 in dis world have ever made pep cried about his retirement.. your are gr8test sportspersonality dat happend to dis world.. no 1 can take your place such a long carrer , so many records tells the story "sachin sachin"
**I am 26 yrs old and Sachin has influenced most part of my life. I started watching Sachin's game when I first went to the primary school. In one sentence, I grow up watching Sachin's game. Today, when Sachin's career of 24 years comes to an end, a chapter of my life also ends here. I can't express how I'm sad at this moment. Today I realized how much I love Sachin; when Sachin bid good bye to the cricket, my eyes filled with tears and I was about to cry (still weeping). It was one of the emotional moments of my life which I can't forget. Feel watching cricket from now on will not be interesting without Sachin. However, he got a fitting honour on his retirement both from his team and the Govt. Sachin really deserves Bharat Ratna - India's highest civilian award; because he is the only person under who's banner the whole of India get united (despite it's diversity) and cheers for India. Think the Govt. or the ICC should make him Ambassador for establishing good relationship with other countries or promoting cricket respectively. At last, wishing happy retirement days to Sachin or Little Master or Master Blaster........
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment